Current Position:Home > I have noticed an issue with utilizing the "stream" function on iOS 7. If you choose to just stream the movie by hitting the play button it seems to actually start downloading (which is fine) but if you are say halfway thru the movie and stop you can clea

I have noticed an issue with utilizing the "stream" function on iOS 7. If you choose to just stream the movie by hitting the play button it seems to actually start downloading (which is fine) but if you are say halfway thru the movie and stop you can clea

Update:10-11Source: network consolidation
Advertisement
I have noticed an issue with utilizing the “stream” function on iOS 7. If you choose to just stream the movie by hitting the play button it seems to actually start downloading (which is fine) but if you are say halfway thru the movie and stop you can clearly see that storage has been reduced under the usage, yet under the “videos” tab it still states “No Data” the only way to delete what you have partially downloaded is to fully download the video, which is fine but there is no way to tell what videos have been partially downloaded (I.e which occurs a lot when your child switches between movies using the so called “stream” function). This becomes troublesome once the capacity of the ipad is almost met and you have no way to delete this data since you may have several videos that have started to be viewed (hence partially downloaded). Apple needs to somehow make it truly streaming or provide an update so the storage can be managed. The only way I have been able to remove partially downloaded videos is by doing a total software restore. (The video data that is in question when connected to my MacBook shows up in iTunes as “other”) if you have any insight into this issue it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The Best Answer

Advertisement
Here are the screenshots for what it's worth.
Not sure why I can't post them in the original post.<br>
<sub><b>Mod edit: See [https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=718813 bug 718813]</b></sub>
'''Again, when I set my DNS server to automatically detect the servers both problems disappear and I have no issues at all.'''
IMO opendns is either doing this on purpose (unlikely) or they're under some sort of attack/being used to attack the specific torrent sites although I'm open to other explanations. I believe using the automatic setting for DNS is using my own ISP's DNS servers (which again, work fine... but still...)
I'd rather not use Google's public DNS servers as Google is to commercial these days and I think there's potential privacy issues.
'''Again I have changed the setting for DNS servers back and forth several times to duplicate/verify the issue(s)... and the issues only happen with the opendns servers.'''